Two-Factor-Authentication not working
In instances of TFA not working, this may be down to several factors, but primarily -
- accuracy of the Time on your Two-Factor Device (mobile phone or tablet).
We would advise checking that the time setting on your device is set to Auto; to ensure the clock is either synchronised with your Mobile Network Operator or the Internet.
Where the time on your TFA Device is different from our server (UTC), by ±5 seconds, then Two-Factor Authentication will not be successful. To check the time difference against official atomic clocks, please visit https://time.is/ on both your TFA Device and the Computer or Device you are using to log in.
http://www.thetimenow.com/ (WCAG 2.0 compatible)
Other Best Practises
In the interest of ensuring a clean Web session, it is also recommended to do the following:-
- Renew Browser Session by logging out and back in again.
- Clear Browser History, Cache and Cookies.
- Where possible, log in from a different browser.
Submit a Support Ticket
If after carrying out the above checks you are still having issues, then you can contact us to investigate further through a Support Ticket.
We can disable the two factor authentication to allow you to re-access your account.
In such case, could you also clarify for us the following below so that we can log these possible dependant issues:
- what devices you are using - Make/Model of Phone and Operating system version?
- associated Browser you're logging in with.